You will be given a copy of our complete privacy information before you sign your rental contract (at the time we collect the majority of your personal data that we require). Below is a summary that briefly goes through some important points about your privacy. This is only a summary designed to help with your initial understanding of our privacy information. You still need to read through the complete privacy information for further detail.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
1. To assess your rental application
2. To protect the goods (our assets) throughout your contract
3. To contact you throughout your rental contract including communicating with you about your
payments and end of rental term options
Where do we get your data from?
We collect your personal data primarily from you however; we also collect data about you from our
credit reference agency to help us assess your creditworthiness. Where necessary we may also collect
data about you from other sources.
What lawful basis do we have for processing your data?
We rely on the following lawful bases for processing your date: consent; contract; legitimate interest
and legal obligation. Each lawful basis is relevant to a certain type of processing.
What type of data do we collect?
Mostly we collect data about you that helps us assess your creditworthiness; this includes your contact
information, address information, financial information and employment history.
Who do we share your data with?
We share your data with our credit reference agency; we can notify other credit providers of a default
by you or if your contract is in arrears by reporting this default to our credit reference agency. We
may also process your data with relevant legal and regulatory bodies, into our IT platforms and with
Do we transfer your data internationally?
What are your rights?
1. Know why we are processing your data, how long we hold it for, who we share it with, the
categories of data processed, who we collect data from
2. Verify the lawfulness of our processing
3. To request a copy of your personal data from us (we must provide this to you)
4. To request the rectification of any incorrect data we hold about you
5. To request we erase your personal data from our systems (subject to our legal obligations)
6. To restrict our processing of your data
How long do we store your data for?
Complete Privacy Information can be found here –> http://www.localappliancerentals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/UK-Privacy-Statement.pdf
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, withdraw your consent, have data we hold about you rectified, request access to information we hold about you and exercise any of your rights in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and those listed in our Privacy Information. To contact us about privacy or our processing of your data please submit the form below and we will respond to you as soon as possible.